I have a broad expertise within the fields of theoretical biological physics, equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical physics, mathematical physics and nanophysics. I worked with several experimental partners from the fields of physics, chemistry and nanoscience, where my group did modeling, image analysis, statistics and software development.
Examples of research projects
- Albertas Dvirnas, post-doc 2022-
- Dibyayjoti Mohanta, post-doc 2022-
- Jake Lumsden, MSc student, 2021-2022
- Erik Clarkson, MSc student 2021-2022
- Simon Tropp, MSc student, 2022
- 1993 - 1998. MSc, Theoretical Physics, Linköping University, Sweden
- 1998 - 2003, PhD, Gothenburg University, Sweden.
- 2003 - 2006. Postdoc, Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics (NORDITA), Copenhagen, Denmark, group of Prof. Ralf Metzler.
- 2006 - 2008. Postdoc, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Chemistry, group of Prof. Robert Silbey.
- 2009 - 2015, Assistant Professor, Department of Astronomy and Theoretical Physics, Lund University
- 2016 - present. Senior University Lecturer, Department of Astronomy and Theoretical Physics, Lund University
I have a large network of collaborators from USA, India, China, Israel, USA, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Denmark and Sweden.
- FYTN15/FMFN25 Statistical Mechanics (course coordinator/lecturer)
- FYTN05 Theoretical Biophysics (lecturer)
- FYTK02 Bachelor project courses (coordinator)
- FYTM03/FYTM04 Master project courses (coordinator)
- FYTN03 Computational Physics (course coordinator/lecturer), 2009-2019
- Morphomatics, Chalmers University (lecturer), 2001-2002
- Living State Physics, Chalmers University (lecturer), 1999-2001
- Teaching Assistant for several courses at Chalmers University of Technology and Göteborg University, 1998-2003
Funding from The Swedish research council, Knut and Alice Wallenberg foundation, EU, The Erling-Persson Family Foundation, The Crafoord foundation, The Carl Tryggers foundation.
- WLS-ICE - Weighted Least Squares Including Correlation in Error (see Publication 59)
- Filter-function for reducing noise in DNA barcodes (see Publication 55)
- Simulation package for interacting particles jumping on a lattice (see Publication 56)
- Bayesian data analysis package for unfolding DNA molecules in nano-channels (see Publication 61)
- Hidden Markov Model for detecting structural variations in DNA barcodes (see Publication 67)
- Data analysis of dually labeled DNA barcodes (see Publication 68)